Gambling addiction can start innocently enough, but for some, the fun of a night out gambling with friends can turn into something more destructive.
When the thrill of the game and the hope of chance become the priority of someone’s life, addiction has already started to rob individuals and their families of the ability to lead normal, productive lives.
The signs of gambling addiction include:
- Gambling longer than planned
- Often gambling until one’s spent every dollar and continues in hopes of gaining money to pay bills, etc.
- Sleeplessness caused by consuming thoughts of gambling
- Spending income or savings on gambling before paying bills
- Several failed attempts to stop gambling on one’s own. Considering or following through with plans to break the law in order to fund gambling
- Borrowing money to pay for gambling
- Depression and/or suicidal tendencies brought on by thoughts of gambling
- Remorseful feelings after gambling
Assistance in Recovery’s gambling intervention focuses on how gambling can affect the entire family, group of friends, or job performance and provides the tools to adequately deal with the situation. Compulsive gambling interventions establish healthy boundaries and restore order in lives while urging the addicted to accept treatment or face the consequences of their actions without their support network remaining involved.
Get relief today and start the healing process. Contact Assistance in Recovery today at 877-961-4132 to discuss gambling addiction intervention options.